According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 38.37 square miles (99.38 km2), of which, 34.04 square miles (88.16 km2) is land and 4.33 square miles (11.21 km2) is water. Situated on Penobscot Bay, Belfast is drained by the Passagassawakeag River.
|Race||2010 Census||2000 Census|
This is the registered voting information for Belfast.
No affiliation 1,765 (35.3%)
Democrat 1,766 (35.32%)
Republican 1,262 (25.24%)
Green party 206 (4.12%)
- Mayor Walter Ash II
- Ward One: Councilour Mary Mortier
- Ward Two: Councilour Neal Harkness
- Ward Three: Councilour Eric Sanders
- Ward Four: Councilour Michael Hurly
- Ward Five: Councilour John Arrison
|Cities and towns (E)|
|Cities (✝ means a county seat)
Acton • Augusta✝ • Bangor • Bath✝ • Belfast✝ • Biddeford • Caribou • Ellsworth✝ • Lewiston-Auburn✝ • Portland • Presque Isle • Saco • Sanford