Farmington is a town and county seat of Franklin County.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 55.82 square miles (144.57 km2), of which, 55.67 square miles (144.18 km2) of it is land and 0.15 square miles (0.39 km2) is water. Farmington is drained by Wilson Stream, Temple Stream, Beaver Brook and the Sandy River.
Farmington is home to a campus of the University of Maine.
|Race||2010 Census||2000 Census|
Since Farmington is a town, it has no mayor. Instead, it has a town council.
- Head Selectman Joshua H. Bell
- Vice Head Selectman Stephan M. Bunker
- Secretary of Selectman Andrew R. Buckland
- Selectman Michael J. Fogg
- Selectman Matthew W. Smith