Saco is a city in York County.
The city itself has around 10,000 people, with the Saco river going through the city. The city also is mostly an island, with the river surrounding it. The city also has Biddeford to the north, and Kennebunk to the south.
The current mayor is Ronald Michaud.
The officials for the wards are:
- Ward One: Councilour Devin Precourt
- Ward Two: Councilour Roger Gay
- Ward Three: Councilour William Doyle
- Ward Four: Councilour Kevin Roche
- Ward Five: Councilour Alan Minthorn
- Ward Six: Councilour Eric Cote
- Advocate a successful bond approval for the replacement of Young School by November
- Actively participate in re-energizing the Saco Main Street organization by having at least one councilor at each community event hosted by Saco Main Street
- Adopt a zero dollar increase on the mill rate for the school and city portion of the tax bill
- Review the comprehensive plan and zoning ordinance for discrepancies, assimilate the Bridge 2025 document, and make recommendations for changes to the document for the next calendar year
- In cooperation with Biddeford and Maine DOT review completed traffic studies and develop a traffic improvement work plan
- Charge an ad-hoc committee of elected officials and staff from the school district and the city to explore back office service consolidation which includes a recommendation by November (before the 2018 budget cycle begins)
- Charge the energy committee to develop a baseline of energy usage for city facilities in order to determine additional areas of improvement, explore/assess new green technology investment ideas for council to approve in a bond issue
- Actively seek an AARP grant that would assist in the development of a plan to make Saco an Age-Friendly Community
- Explore and approve two new sources of revenue for the City
|Cities and towns (E)|
|Cities (✝ means a county seat)
Acton • Augusta✝ • Bangor • Bath✝ • Belfast✝ • Biddeford • Caribou • Ellsworth✝ • Lewiston-Auburn✝ • Portland • Presque Isle • Saco • Sanford